Fools by Martin Walker

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thank You For The Music

There are very few things that keep my impatience from getting the best/worst of me. I like to get things done quickly and efficiently. The lack of funds that have kept this film from getting done will be magically appearing thanks to Christine sacrificing her bohemian lifestyle. So we will be able to start production on Virgin early in the New Year.

I’ve never doubted that we will get this film done. Christine and I have kept this project alive in our imagination, in our hopes and our dreams. But, it’s been very hard waiting for Love 10 to 1 to happen. I decided to work on other people’s projects and develop a few of my own. It pays off to have a few things cooking because right now it looks like I’ll be busy with a MoviesByWomen project that we’ve been trying to get off the ground for the last year.

Love 10 to 1 looks very promising for early 2007, and I’ve been hired to write and direct an episode for an Angel Muniz project (he’s the Dominican Spielberg).

So I’m grateful and thankful for everything going on right now, but I’m most grateful for all the music that has enriched my life, from classical to opera to pop to my most loved of all Rock (all kinds, hard rock, easy rock, metal, hair metal, pop rock, power ballad, sour, dour rock – I just made that one up, punk, classic rock – you get the picture). Music really drives my life and aids my creativity.

Whenever I feel hopeless about this film all I have to do to regain my confidence and enthusiasm is listen to some of the music that’s been kindly donated by local, talented musicians. I made a CD of songs from these artists for when I need inspiration. I love playing this CD, it’s my dream soundtrack for Californication.

This morning I played my Californication soundtrack which consists of music from
The Fabulous Miss Wendy, Jason Keeton (J.K. Music) & Crash Davis.

Wendy’s music will be used for the band Dirty Virgin in Californication. Crash Davis and J.K. Music will be used as the Shane/Dustin theme songs. I haven’t made up my mind about which Crash Davis song to use yet (they have so many great ones) and Love Song Yo from J.K. Music will be the Dustin/Shane montage song. When I hear these songs I can envision my whole movie playing. It’s such a great feeling.


Check them out and show them some love….

MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/thefabulousmisswendy
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonkmusic
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/mycrashdavis

Lucy

No comments:

About The Three Shorts

Christine Le wrote and directed the 1st story Love 10 to 1.
The first story explores the life of a 29-year-old virgin, Jenny, who desperately wants to lose her virginity before her 30th birthday. As she encounters one loser after another on dates, Jenny pines after her boss, Dustin. While at her grandmother’s retirement home, Jenny learns a powerful lesson from her grandmother about sex and the meaning of life.


Christine Le (right) directs Shireen Nomura Mui (Jenny) & Justin Klosky (Jim).

Lucy Rodriguez wrote and directed Love Song.
The second story revolves around Shane, the lead singer of the L.A. rock band, Dirty Virgin. Shane has her pick of admirers but it’s her roommate Dustin she wants to be with. Shane confesses her feelings on Jackie and Jared’s show but when Dustin meets Cali, Shane’s shot at love starts to dwindle. With Dirty Virgin about to embark on a world tour, will Dustin realize that he’s the object of Shane’s affections? Will they risk their friendship to give this Love Song a chance?


Lucy Rodriguez & David Villar (Dustin)

Laura Somers wrote and directed Diving Lessons.
The final story picks up where Love 10 to 1 left off, but from the perspective of Jim, the guitarist of Dirty Virgin. Jim sees Jenny at a swimming pool, trying desperately to overcome her fear of diving. In fact, he finds out that she’s making a list of everything that she’s afraid of and trying to overcome them, one by one. He is instantly smitten and tries to convince her that he’s not just a rock star who ‘loves ‘em and leaves ‘em’. Can a rock star find love with a virgin?


Shireen Nomura-Mui, Laura Somers & Justin Klosky




Leah Anova is the Director of Photography for Love 10 to 1 & Diving Lessons.

Additional Cinematography on Diving Lessons by Erik Forsell

Matthew Boyd is the Director of Photography for Love Song.