Fools by Martin Walker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Search For JIM

We had auditions for one of our leads in Love 10 to 1. Jim, will be the hardest to cast. He's in all 3 stories and Christine, Laura and I need to agree on who we get. This will be challenging because while the 3 of us see eye to eye on a lot of things, we have very different opinions on who we want in Jim. I want a sleazy rocker type, think of Slash in the early days of Guns N Roses, mixed with Jim Morrison. I think that's hard to find today, do people even know who Slash or JM are? Is this too tall an order?

I showed Christine and Laura a myspace page of a musician that I think would make a great Jim. Christine thought he was too sleazy looking and not hot. I never saw Jim as hot, but he definitely has to exude a raw sex appeal that makes women throw themselves at him. Oh, and he also has to have a kick ass body because he's a swimming instructor for little kids. So ideally, a rocker dude with a hot bod....definitely a tall order.

We saw really good actors, some better than others. We are calling 4 of them back and there was one that I was absolutely mad for, but for the role of Dustin. That's going to be another challenge. A while ago I auditioned someone that I totally loved for the part, but because this has taken us so long, I'm afraid he's no longer interested. Dustin is a story for another day.

My sister, who is cast as Shane, helped us with the reading. Thank God for small favors. Over all the auditions went well. I'm hopeful for the call backs but I think our search must continue.

I always sign my name so people know which one of us is posting - hint, hint ladies:-)

LUCY

So, if you know a Jim, please send him our way. We shoot on August 25 for 9 days and then on October 13 for another 9.

3 comments:

Samantha A said...

Hi, I just found your blog because I was doing a search for one of my favorite actresses, Onahoua Rodriguez. I saw that she is going to be in your film!!!
I apologize for asking, but I'm interested in writing her to get an autographed photo. Do you know what address I should use for this (her agent I guess?)

Thanks,

Samantha

Love 10 to 1 said...

You can write her at:

Love 10 To 1 Films
P.O. Box 492014
Los Angeles, CA 90049

I'll make sure she gets it.

Best,
Lucy

Samantha A said...

Thanks for the reply, Lucy. I just pieced it together that you are her sister :) What a talented family are the Roddriguez!
Ona should be a great rockstar, she always seems so intense in the parts she plays (that's why I like her.)
Would love to see some behind-the-scenes photos when you guys start filming!

Thanks,

Samantha

About The Three Shorts

Christine Le wrote and directed the 1st story Love 10 to 1.
The first story explores the life of a 29-year-old virgin, Jenny, who desperately wants to lose her virginity before her 30th birthday. As she encounters one loser after another on dates, Jenny pines after her boss, Dustin. While at her grandmother’s retirement home, Jenny learns a powerful lesson from her grandmother about sex and the meaning of life.


Christine Le (right) directs Shireen Nomura Mui (Jenny) & Justin Klosky (Jim).

Lucy Rodriguez wrote and directed Love Song.
The second story revolves around Shane, the lead singer of the L.A. rock band, Dirty Virgin. Shane has her pick of admirers but it’s her roommate Dustin she wants to be with. Shane confesses her feelings on Jackie and Jared’s show but when Dustin meets Cali, Shane’s shot at love starts to dwindle. With Dirty Virgin about to embark on a world tour, will Dustin realize that he’s the object of Shane’s affections? Will they risk their friendship to give this Love Song a chance?


Lucy Rodriguez & David Villar (Dustin)

Laura Somers wrote and directed Diving Lessons.
The final story picks up where Love 10 to 1 left off, but from the perspective of Jim, the guitarist of Dirty Virgin. Jim sees Jenny at a swimming pool, trying desperately to overcome her fear of diving. In fact, he finds out that she’s making a list of everything that she’s afraid of and trying to overcome them, one by one. He is instantly smitten and tries to convince her that he’s not just a rock star who ‘loves ‘em and leaves ‘em’. Can a rock star find love with a virgin?


Shireen Nomura-Mui, Laura Somers & Justin Klosky




Leah Anova is the Director of Photography for Love 10 to 1 & Diving Lessons.

Additional Cinematography on Diving Lessons by Erik Forsell

Matthew Boyd is the Director of Photography for Love Song.